DONATE USED CLOTHING & HOUSEHOLD GOODS
You can support the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago simply by donating used clothing and household items. The Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago is able to sell those items to the local Savers Thrift stores and receives valuable funding for your generous donations. Plus, you will get a tax receipt for the donation!
Just pack up your bags and decide which donation option is best for you:
- Schedule a free home pickup online at www.donateillinois.org.
- Donate your goods at one of the Chicagoland attended donation stations or drop-off locations.
- Visit the Community Donation Center at any of these Savers thrift stores and donate to the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago:
Carol Stream 1231 N. Gary Ave., Carol Stream, IL 60188
Crystal Lake 230 W. Virginia Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Hoffman Estates 26 Golf Center, Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
Orland Park 15617 94th Avenue, Orland Park, IL 60462
DONATION DRIVE FUNDRAISER
Does your community group, school, organization, or other nonprofit group need to raise revenue? Donation Drive Fundraisers are a fun and easy way to raise money for your nonprofit organization by collecting clothing and household items. Contact Savers for more information.
We are so thrilled that the Savers Donation Drive was such a success. The Highland Families loved this fundraiser. There are able to donate household items to a worthy charity, raise funds for their child’s school, and clean their home. It does not get any better! We hope to partner with you often in the future.
– Nancy Erickson, Highlands School
Thank you again for all your help in coordinating this opportunity – we have so many people that want us to do it again! We are absolutely ecstatic to have earned over $2,000 from this one donation drive. We look forward to working with you on many more!
– Holly Alcala, Anderson Animal Shelter
WHAT DOES THE EPILEPSY FOUNDATION OF GREATER CHICAGO DO WITH THE FUNDS FROM YOUR DONATIONS?
Each summer, we offer Camp Blackhawk, a free, week-long retreat for kids and teens living with epilepsy.
Studio E: The Epilepsy Art Therapy Program is a multi-week workshop offering individuals the chance to express themselves through the artwork they create.
Seizure Smart Schools is an education initiative that focuses on improving the public’s knowledge about epilepsy.
– Green from the Start: Savers is one of the largest recyclers of used clothing in the world and has been in the business of keeping reusable goods out of landfills for over 60 years.
– Donate and Make a Difference: The goods offered in Savers thrift stores are always purchased from local nonprofit organizations. In the last 10 years, Savers has paid its collective nonprofit partners more than $1.5 billion which helps fund vital community programs and services.
– Ultimate Thrift Experience: Savers stores are filled with unique treasures and quality everyday items – all inside a department store-like environment that’s easy to shop and easy on the wallet. Merchandise is neatly organized into specific departments, with labeled shelves and racks that make it easy to find bargains for brand name apparel, authentic vintage finds, housewares, furniture, collectibles and much more.
– To learn more about how Savers makes a difference in hundreds of communities, go to www.savers.com.