Jose A. Valdez has been with the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago since 2005. Jose first came to the Foundation for services because he had been discriminated against by his previous employer. After working with caseworkers on his situation for a little over a year, he won his discrimination lawsuit. He then began working with an EFGC employment service coordinator, and she found him to be a good candidate for a part-time position at the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago. Not too long after beginning his part-time position, Jose was hired on as a full-time employee.
FIVE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT JOSE…
- Favorite movie: The Godfather 1, 2, and 3
- Favorite thing to do in Chicago: Visit Navy Pier
- Famous person you would most like to meet: Al Pacino
- First job: Security Guard at Little Company of Mary Hospital
- Advice that you would give to your teenage self: Travel more…