Ayesha Akhtar is the current Director of Education, after having been an Education Coordinator with the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago since 2011. Ayesha is a graduate of Loyola University Chicago, where she earned a B.B.A. in accounting. In 2010 she earned her M.P.H. from the University of Illinois-Chicago, focusing on culturally sensitive approaches to health care. She has over 20 years of experience as a public health advocate in a variety of settings and is passionate about advancing health equity by empowering and educating communities.
“The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that is wrong with the world.” – Dr. Paul Farmer
FIVE INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT AYESHA…
- Favorite movie: The Birdcage
- Favorite thing to do in Chicago: Run on the lakefront trail
- Famous person you would most like to meet: Dr. Paul Farmer
- First job: Cashier at Nordstrom
- Advice that you would give to your teenage self: Take the semester abroad. Try different jobs. Keep traveling (at least as much as I am dong now!)