The James Davies Scholarship
The James Davies Scholarship is a one time $5,000 award that will provide financial support for the pursuit of higher education to students living with epilepsy. These students must demonstrate a strong commitment to their education and perseverance in overcoming the obstacles epilepsy may present.
- A rising high school junior or senior and all currently enrolled college or vocational/technical school full-time students
- Has a diagnosis of epilepsy
- A resident of Illinois
Judges will evaluate the submissions and award the scholarship to a student who meets the above criteria and who best fits the scholarship’s vision. Applicants will be judged on various merits, including: how well the applicant meets the scholarship’s vision, essays, letters of recommendation, academic merit, achievement and/or community service, and financial need.
College of DuPage: Project COACH (Career Opportunity ACHievement) Scholarship
The College of DuPage: Project COACH (Career Opportunity ACHievement) Scholarship is a two-year cohort program for adults with intellectual or developmental disabilities. In addition to an academic focus on reading, writing, math and computer literacy, COACH also promotes social skills, independence and career exploration.
COACH has been developed to provide post-transition students with engaging educational and life-skills training to help prepare for meaningful employment
- Post-secondary education (serves as junior college or 2 year community college)
- No set admission requirements
- No deadline to apply
- No housing provided
- No additional program fees
- Students gain practical experience by engaging in unpaid internships which can occur on campus or off campus for approximately 8 hours per week.
- Award: $10,000 for all 4 semesters ($2500/semester)
Please contact Ayesha Akhtar at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.