This Epilepsy Action Month, EFGC is asking you to join in and get active! As part of our new “Don’t Just Say Something, Do Something!” initiative, we’re looking for the entire epilepsy community to get involved through three unique actions: Educate, Engage, and Support.
- Do you know of a school, business, or organization that could benefit from a Seizure First Aid Training? We offer free virtual trainings that will help others understand what to do when someone is having a seizure. To sign up for a training, email Ayesha Akhtar at email@example.com.
- Our Seizure First Aid poster is available in multiple languages to put up in your area. Download it here.
- Join us for our 11th Annual Epilepsy Consumer Conference: Navigating the Telehealth World. This free event will be on November 20th in-person at the Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel in Chicago. Click here to register.
- Your personal story about living with epilepsy can have a big impact – share it on social media and be sure to tag EFGC!
- Share our videos on epilepsy and seizure first aid and be sure to tag EFGC and use the hashtag #NEAM for National Epilepsy Awareness Month (more videos to come)!:
Raise Awareness with Seizure First Aid Posters
- Keep an eye out for EFGC ads on the CTA platforms. Take a selfie with one and be sure to tag EFGC and use the hashtag #NEAM for National Epilepsy Awareness Month!
- Set up a fundraiser! Do you have a favorite restaurant, store or brand who could help you support EFGC through a giveback program? Many retail locations host fundraisers by donating back a percentage of proceeds earned on a specific fundraising day. Simply identify a partner location, contact them to register the date and deal, then email the information to Morgan Murphy at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will add them to our Epilepsy Action Month calendar (see below). You can also host your own event. For more information and additional ideas, click here.
- Support EFGC when you shop on AmazonSmile. Click here and select the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago as the charity you are supporting. When you make a purchase, a portion of the proceeds will be donated to EFGC.
- Join us for the 2nd Annual Casino Night at the Colombia Yacht Club on November 6th! The night will include an open bar, entertainment, hors d’oevres, black jack, craps, and roulette. Click here to purchase tickets.
Wednesday, November 10th – Friday, November 12th
Bonnie Jennifer Jewelry Virtual Giveback Event
In honor of Bonnie’s sister, Cindy, who dealt with epilepsy for her entire life, 12% of all sales site-wide will be donated to EFGC. Go to “The Blog” on www.bonniejennifer.com to learn more about her story. When you make a purchase on that site on the 10th – 12th use the code ‘EFOGC12’ at checkout to donate! For more information and to read Bonnie’s story go to https://bit.ly/3bXniBV
Saturday, November 20th
8:00 am – 2:00 pm
Epilepsy Consumer Conference: Navigating the Telehealth World Presented by Northwestern Medicine
Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel
221 N. Colombus Dr.
The Epilepsy Consumer Conference: Navigating the Telehealth World Presented by Northwestern Medicine is a free in-person event for individuals with epilepsy and their families to learn about the latest issues facing the epilepsy community, including navigating Telehealth. Click here to register.
Tuesday, November 23rd
6:00 – 7:00 pm
Virtual Chat with an Expert: Surgical Approaches
In this session of our Virtual Chat with an Expert, Dr. Peter Warnke, a neurosurgeon from UChicago Medicine will be discussing surgical approaches. This is a free event, but registration is required. Click here to register.