DONATE USED CLOTHING & HOUSEHOLD GOODS
You can support the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago simply by donating used clothing and household items. The Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago partners with Savers Thrift stores to collect used clothing and household items. Proceeds earned from donations help the Foundation provide free programs and services for nearly 140,000 Chicagoland residents living with epilepsy. You will receive a tax receipt for your donation, and help support our local cause.
Just pack up your bags and decide which donation option is best for you:
- Schedule a free home pickup online at www.donateillinois.org.
- Donate your goods at one of the Chicagoland attended donation stations or drop-off locations.
- Visit the Community Donation Center at any of these Savers Thrift Stores below and donate to the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago:
Carol Stream 1231 N. Gary Avenue, Carol Stream, IL 60188
Crystal Lake 230 W. Virginia Street, Crystal Lake, IL 60014
Hoffman Estates 26 Golf Center, Hoffman Estates, IL 601969
Orland Park 15625 S. 94th Avenue, Orland Park, IL 60462
Visit any of these five Attended Donation Sites below and donate to the Epilepsy to the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago:
Annex of Arlington Mall 115 West Rand Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Arlington Heights North 960 Dundee Road, Arlington Heights, IL 60004
Naper West Plaza, 510 S State Route 59, Naperville, IL 60540
Brookside Marketplace, 7212 W. 191st Street, Tinley Park, IL 60487
Tinley Park North, 16199 Harlem Avenue, Tinley Park, IL 60487
Visit any of these four LifeStorage facilities and donate to the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago:
Libertyville, 700 E. Park Ave, Libertyville, IL 60048
Bridgeview, 7700 W 79th Street, Bridgeview, IL 60455
Wrigleyville, 3323 W Addison Street, Chicago, IL 60618
Aurora, 1650 N. Randall Road, Aurora, IL 60506
Host a FUNDrive to benefit the Epilepsy Foundation of Greater Chicago!
WHAT DOES THE EPILEPSY FOUNDATION OF GREATER CHICAGO DO WITH THE FUNDS FROM YOUR DONATIONS?
Each summer, we offer Camp Blackhawk, a free, week-long retreat for kids and teens living with epilepsy.
Studio E: The Epilepsy Art Program is a multi-week workshop offering individuals the chance to express themselves through the artwork they create.
Seizure Smart Schools is an education initiative that focuses on improving the public’s knowledge about epilepsy.
The Epilepsy Clinic provides medical care and support services to people with epilepsy regardless of their ability to pay.
– Green from the Start: Savers is one of the largest recyclers of used clothing in the world and has been in the business of keeping reusable goods out of landfills for over 60 years.
– Donate and Make a Difference: The goods offered in Savers thrift stores are always purchased from local nonprofit organizations. In the last 10 years, Savers has paid its collective nonprofit partners more than $1.5 billion which helps fund vital community programs and services.
– Ultimate Thrift Experience: Savers stores are filled with unique treasures and quality everyday items – all inside a department store-like environment that’s easy to shop and easy on the wallet. Merchandise is neatly organized into specific departments, with labeled shelves and racks that make it easy to find bargains for brand name apparel, authentic vintage finds, housewares, furniture, collectibles and much more.
– To learn more about how Savers makes a difference in hundreds of communities, go to www.savers.com.